Wendy Shearer is a Professional London Storyteller and writer with a diverse repertoire of stories. She is often commissioned by major cultural organizations to develop and tell stories alongside their exhibitions, hired by schools across the UK for assemblies and year groups, Festivals and events with family and adult audiences – wherever a story needs to be told virtually and in person! Contact Wendy for prices, bookings and to find out more.
Wendy’s repertoire of stories of tricksters, shapeshifters, ancient Greek heroes, gods and goddesses is drawn mostly from her Afro-Caribbean heritage and her first degree in Classics.
She is a writer with her first two books being published in 2021: African and Caribbean Folktales, Myths and Legends for children (with Scholastic) and Caribbean Folktales; stories from the islands and Windrush Generation (with The History Press).
Wendy is also a member of the Society for Storytelling, actively supporting and promoting the ancient art form of oral storytelling. Contact Wendy with your storytelling requests. She’d love to hear from you!
- Stories for Wellbeing with the British Academy – 19th June
- Fabulous Fables – 26th June
- Summer Shenanigans – 15th July
- Canterbury Tales at the British Museum – 23rd July
Books – to be published in 2021
- African & Caribbean Folktales, Myths & Legends
- Caribbean Folktales: Stories from the islands and Windrush generation